AD#20326A Expires 05/2013
Great Harbor 26 For Sale!
Boat Spec Information:
- Length Overall (LOA): 26' 0"
- Length at the Waterline (LWL): 20' 6"
- Beam: 7'10"
- Draft (Maximum): 4' 9"
- Displacement: 4,200 lbs
- Ballast: 1,500 lbs
- Designed by Bill Cook, this lovely Great Harbor 26 is located in North Carolina.
She has been stored in a boat lift on a fresh water lake except when being tested
- WHITECAP is a well maintained example of the Great Harbor 26. She is
readily trailerable with her custom electric/hydraulic keel lift. She can change
from under 2' of draft to her sailing draft of 4'10" in under two minutes
with no hand cranking. There is a removable rudder "cassette" to permit
rapid removal for the rudder assembly for trailering.
- WHITECAP takes about two hours to haul and prepare for the road or
on the other end to get her sailing again. She is truly a flexible small yacht.
Explore out of the way places and dock in shallow areas that are not navigable
in most boats.
- Below, WHITECAP has white bulkheads with cherry trim finish. The varnished
trim is gloss and a teak and holly sole is finished with gloss urethane. The overhead
is flat white paint.
- WHITECAP has berths on either side of the companionway. Aft of the
berths are large lockers that were originally designed to accomodate a sliding
galley unit. As her function has been daysailing, the galley was not included.
There is electrical panels, a built in stereo with iPod dock, VHF and tank gauge
are located at the back end of the berths as well.
- Forward of the berths both to port and starboard are storage lockers with
drawers and doors to starboard and locker storage to port. To starboard is the
passageway to the forward cabin and the head. at the head of the starboard quarterberth
is the electrical panel. To port in the forward cabin is the head, a manual unit
with either overboard or bypass plumbing. A holding tank is located under the
forward berth area.
- To starboard in the forward cabin is a sink with manual fresh water pump.
The fresh water tank is located forward under the V-berth area. The V-berth is
a shortened berth, but could be adapted to full length by addition of a filler
and cushion over the head unit.
- The cockpit layout for this boat has been modified to permit storage access
aft and to simplify the installation of a main sheet traveler aft of the cockpit.
There are now two hatches in the deck with drains either side of the rudder cassette.
Additionally, the coaming on this boat was custom made of cored fiberglass to
reduce maintenance. The exterior has an Awlgrip two tone finish. The original
exterior teak trim package has been modified to simplify maintenance. The toe
rail and cockpit coamings have covers to protect the varnish.
- The trim around the companionway has been modified to reduce the amount of
brightwork. The teak "eyebrow" has been removed as well. The original
trim has been retained if a new owner wishes to have the original trim and finish
- ICOM VHF
- SONY STEREO
- AUTOHELM ST60 boat speed and depth, wind, compass instruments. These units
are located in a custom instrument cluster over the companionway.
- AUTOHELM 1000 Tiller auto pilot
- Mainsail (3)Newest 2010
- Working Jib (3) Newest 2010
- Mainsail cover (blue)
- Dutchman mainsail furling assist. Harken Jib Furling (also a second backup
unit is available)
- Yanmar 1GM10 9HP diesel with gear, ss shaft and strut.
- 2 blade folding prop.
- 12 Gallon aluminum fuel tank.
- Very low engine hours.
Location: Lake Norman, NC
or Call at 207-610-2300
When you call about this boat, be
sure to tell them you saw it on Strictly Sailing!
Use your browsers Back Button
to return to StrictlySailing Classifieds
Strictly Sailing offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. An party interested in purchasing this or any boat offered on Strictly Sailing should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to thoroughly investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.