AD# 20619A Expires 07/2013
Fatty Knees For Sale!
General Boat Specs:
- FATTY KNEES SAILING DINGHY by EDEY & DUFF
- Length Overall (LOA): 84"
- Length at the Waterline (LWL): 84"
- Beam: 48"
- Draft (Maximum): 37"
- Displacement: 115 lbs.
- Ballast: variable
- Designed by reknowned Naval Architect and heavy-weather sailing enthusiast
Lyle Hess, this is hull number EADFK390A494, built by the well-regarded Edey and
Duff Yard of Aucoot Cove, Mattapoisett, Massachusetts.
- As a rowing dinghy, she tracks extremely well, and rigged to sail, she is
weatherly, fast and simple to drive. This easy-to-store seven foot model includes
nearly all of the options offered by the boat builder at the time.
- This boat, complete with the sailing package and all the options, was purchased
new for $5,280 in June of 1995, and custom trucked to upstate NY.
- The Honda Kicker was purchased new in Henderson Harbor, NY in August 1995,
for $1070, delivered. They have been garage kept from day one, and the boat, her
engine and her gear have seen minimal, caring, adult usage in fresh water only.
- In 2011, Fatty Knees Boat Co., the present builders of Edey and
Duff's originals, sold 34 tenders. The 8-foot version now (as of May 2012) sells
for $5,700 with a sailing rig (no outboard included, of course).
- Designed by an old school seaman who understood the ocean, the Fatty Knees
design exemplifies the best qualities of strength, seaworthiness, simplicity,
beauty, and economy. This is a great little boat.
- I have no trailer or boat cover for her. She will fit comfortably in an 8
ft. pickup truck bed.
- I can offer insured delivery via enclosed trailer ....
-within 100 mile radius of zip code 13080 (Jordan NY) : free
-within 500 mile radius : $700.00
-within 1000 mile radius : $1200.00
-I will not deliver beyond a 1000 mile radius.
- You are aware of Diesel price increases, insurance costs, and increased jurisdictional
attention. My delivery prices are firm.
- Many more photos are available By
- Please email or phone and Thank you sincerely for your interest !
- Specifications for the 7 ft. "Fatty Knees" Dinghy / Micro-Cruiser
/ Tender :
- Length: 84"
- Beam: 48"
- Weight (boat only): 90 lbs.
- Weight (sail gear): 25 lbs.
- Draft (board up/down): 2"/37"
- Sail Area: 40 sq. ft.
- Boom Clearance (for on deck storage under the boom of a larger sailboat):
- Mast Height (above water): 172"
- Centerline of Davit Eyes: 56"
- Top of Transom to Bottom of Skeg: 19.5"
- Mast Length (assembled): 162"
- Mast Length (unassembled), Upper Section: 90", Lower Section (including
- Mast Diameter (max.): 2"
- Boom Length: 85.5"
- Floor Board Assembly Weight: 10 lbs.
- Oar Size: 7 ft.
- Outboard Engine: 2 HP Honda 4 stroke, 1994, approx. 300 hours of use
- Lapstrake fiberglass hull
- Off-white and Beige gel coated interior
- Two foam-filled flotation tanks (one with protected storage)
- Nickel plated Bronze towing eye
- Double rail with heavy canvas and leather gunwhale guard
- Bronze oar sockets
- 7-foot oars with leathers
- Sculling notch
Stainless Steel rudder gudgeons.
- Lifting Eyes for Hoisting
- Drain with screw-in plug
- Teak Outboard Pad
- Teak Floorboard Assembly
- Teak trim
- Teak mast partner
- Teak plug for daggerboard trunk slot
Sailing Package includes:
- Tanbark Sail (sewn by Harding Sails, of Marion, Massachusetts) with fiberglass
- Sail Bag, two-piece powder-coated Aluminum mast and boom
- Dacron running rigging
- Harken blocks
- Slab reefing
- Stainless Steel and plastic hardware
- Teak daggerboard
- Kick-up Teak rudder with varnished Ash tiller
- 2 HP Honda 4 stroke Outboard Engine, 1994, approx. 300 hours of use (the most
economical and quiet outboard engine available at the time this Honda can cruise
all day on ONE LITER of gasoline, period.)
Location: Syracuse, NY
or Call at 315-299-6039
When you call about this boat, be
sure to tell them you saw it on Strictly Sailing!
Use your browsers Back Button
to return to StrictlySailing Classifieds
Strictly Sailing offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. An party interested in purchasing this or any boat offered on Strictly Sailing should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to thoroughly investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.